‘Family learning’ refers to any learning activity that involves both children and adult family members, where learning outcomes are intended for both, and that contribute to a culture of learning in the family.
It may be informal, through events such as family fun days or more formal with family learning courses in children’s centre’s and schools.
Family learning is important as all the evidence shows that parents’ engaging and working in family learning has a positive impact on children’s learning, giving children greater confidence and self-belief and it provides measurable benefits to their literacy, language and numeracy skills.
All family learning programmes value the family as a learning environment. It supports and builds on home cultures and experience, supports the growth of family relationships and promotes a culture of raising aspiration in adults and young children.
Most importantly the programmes provide a positive and welcoming space for families to have fun learning together.
For more information on our Family Learning courses please contact the Balsall Heath Children’s Centre.
- Launch of Bookshare
- Family Learning English Party
- The importance of reading with your child
- New Year, New Start January 2017
- Let’s Just Do It!
- To the Library we went. Quality time we spent…
- Not your average Friday!
- Come rain or snow, it’s off to the library we go….again!
- Make Time To Share A Book
- Inspirational Women of Our Time
- For Daughters
- Our Theatre Trip
- Family Learning visit Parliament
- 22nd May 2017
- Ahoy Captain!
- Teddy Bear Hospital
- Summer Fun at Balsall Heath Library!
- Summer Fun with Bright Sparks Science Day
- Parliament visits Balsall Heath!
- Mr Godsiff, MP visits St Paul’s Community Development Trust
- Snow Days!!!
- OH YES WE ARE!!