Thanks for visiting – this service is now closed for the summer.
We will be starting back on Tuesday 11th September 2018.
Day of Service: Tuesday
Time: 10.00am – 12.00noon
Venue: Conway Community Room
Does the service have a supporting crèche? not applicable
How do I book a place? not applicable
Cost: Free to eligible families
This stay and play is for families with children between the ages of 2 and 4 years who will be going to school. There is no need to book just come along to one of our sessions with your child.
We aim to support everyone involved with young children who are due to go to school and help you to:
- Recognise the importance of their role in ensuring that children are school ready and life ready.
- Provide a clear definition of the meaning of ‘school readiness’
- Ensure that a consistent message about school readiness is shared
Our role in this stay and play is to support children and their families in building school readiness.
Within the stay and play we work with young children and their families, who play an important role in developing the children for school readiness. We will:
- Communicate and share information about every child’s unique development with their parents and other relevant partners
- Provide challenging and meaningful learning opportunities for each child, whilst giving them confidence in becoming a learner
- Demonstrate high expectations of children and raise aspirations
- Enthuse, engage and motivate all children and allow them the opportunity to make decisions
- Share ideas about how to support home learning with parents, including routines
- Respect and respond to the children’s backgrounds, circumstances and culture
- Consider the changing school readiness needs of children as they enter different phases of their education and work in partnership with others to ensure these needs are met
- Ensure that all children meet their full potential