A Government funded 2 year old place is available for families in England, receiving some forms of support. Once eligibility is confirmed eligibility will remain until school age even if a families circumstances change.
Eligible 2 year old children will receive;
- 15 hours of free childcare or early education for 38 weeks
- A total of 570 hours per year, which you can use flexibly with one or more childcare provider
- Some providers will allow you to ‘stretch’ the hours over 52 weeks, using fewer hours per week
Funded places can be accessed as below;
- Children born in the period 1 January to 31 March: the start of term beginning on or following 1 April after the child’s birthday;
- Children born in the period 1 April to 31 August: the start of term beginning on or following 1September after the child’s birthday;
- Children born in the period 1 September to 31 December: the start of term beginning on or following 1 January after the child’s birthday.
Children can start a funded place from the first day of term until the below headcount date;
- Autumn census – first Thursday in October
- Spring census – third Thursday in January
- Summer census – third Thursday in May
If a child leaves a funded place before the headcount date or starts after the above headcount date the provider may charge the family for the agreed funded hours.
For more information please visit the following website https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/NEF or get in touch with us on 0121 464 6349.