Thanks for visiting – the last session of this service will be Tuesday 18th December .
We will be starting back on Tuesday 15th January 2019.
The Pregnancy Matters (pre-birth programme) 4 weeks’ antenatal programme aims to prepare parents for labour, birth and early parenthood. The purpose of these sessions is to increase parents confidence and knowledge to enable them to make informed choices and relieve stress. The programme has been designed to educate parents on the importance of staying healthy and actively participate in sustaining the relevant medical care and emotional support that is available to them, with a focus on achieving the best possible outcomes for both mother and baby.
During these sessions, important information is provided on issues such as decision making about labour, skills for labour, pain relief options, delivery options, prenatal and postnatal care, breastfeeding, birth plan and much more. Parents can share their experiences, learn from each other and make friends.
- 3 Stages of pregnancy (including parts of the female body)
- Healthy eating in pregnancy
- Smoking in pregnancy
- The baby blues
- What to take into hospital
- Relaxation for pregnancy and birth
- Active positioning for labour and birth
- Coping with pain in labour
- How to help yourself in labour
- The stages of labour
- Normal birth
- Other types of birth
- Benefits of skin to skin
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Positioning and attachment
- Parent craft: Caring for your baby
- Bathing/top and tailing
- Bottle feeding
- How to know if your baby is feeding well
- Simple settling strategies
- Relationships with a new baby